Dear Brassfield Families:
Thank you for all your support this year! With involved parents and staff, we can continue to grow our BRES community. This year we are continuing great traditions of our past PTAs and striving to add a few new programs for the children including Morning Movement and a Spring Carnival.
We are currently under budget with our donations. Please support our programs for the kids through no cost options by relinking your Harris Teeter & Lowes Foods grocery cards and shopping Amazon Smile(see links). Please attend our Spirit Events at local businesses who donate a portion of their proceeds. If you missed your opportunity to donate earlier or simply want to help ensure we can fund our Spring Carnival and more, please send a check into the PTA Mailbox labeled “Donation” or please join and/or give.
Please join the PTA and become an active supporter of our programs to enhance and enrich the kid’s experiences like PTA’s four Cultural Arts Performances, Math and Science Extravaganza, library book purchases, and many more clubs and programs. Our fund-raisers fund opportunities to enrich the children’s lives, educational experiences, and improve the school. We are humbled and inspired by our volunteers who give so generously.
We’ve started a general volunteer sign up to help parents plan to attend and volunteer at school wide events this year. Registered volunteers can sign up for various events.
If you are interested in becoming more involved, join PTA Committees.
On behalf of the PTA Executive Board, our chairs, and all the volunteers, we wish everyone a very productive year ahead and look forward to your continued support. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that questions, suggestions, and especially solutions are always welcome!
Brassfield Road Elementary School PTA President, 2017-18
Ways to help Brassfield Elementary
The maximum individual K-3 class sizes will drop from 24 students to: K: 18, 1st: 16, and 2nd: 17 students. For a year round school like ours, imagine pulling 2 students from the K class as they graduate to 1st and then adding one back when they rise to 2nd. Children need some stability and consistency. Pulling one or two kids from a track and switching them year to year and possibly from track to track will have broad reaching implications for families with older siblings.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEKS
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEKS - Tracks 1, 2, & 4: May 7-11, or Track 3 is May 21-25.
Join us to celebrate all our teachers. As in year’s past each class will have a teacher pairing, so please honor both teachers. Sign up to help with school wide TA requests and get the details.
Spring Carnival - Friday, June 1st - Come One, Come All!
Brassfield’s first Spring Carnival will be held on Friday, June 1st in the Lower Field @ 5-8 PM. Bring the family out to enjoy inflatables, games, food, prizes, face painting, a cake walk, a dunk booth and more.
Graduation Committee Request
The 5th Grade Graduation Committee is looking for a wireless photo printer to borrow for the days of the event (June 7for Track 1 and June 29 for Tracks 2,3,and 4). We’d like to do a photo booth for the kids and then be able to print out the photos for them to take home. (We will provide the photo paper.) If you have a printer that you are willing to lend us for the event, please email Melinda Hemphill. Thank you!!
School Wide Volunteer Opportunities
We have many volunteer opportunities throughout the school year, and we welcome all help even if it's 1 hour, 1 day, once a month or once a year! Every little bit helps further our goal to improve the kids experiences at school and their educational opportunities. Next week, we'll be sending out a link and information regarding our PTA positions that are still open. Please click the heading to access volunteer opportunities available throughout the coming year, and we appreciate your service!
- Brassfield PTA
Upcoming Dates & Events
- 5/14/2018 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM Drama Club Dress Rehearsal, Grades 3-5, Tracks 1 & 4
- 4:15 PM Drama Club Performance for Family, Grades 3-5, Tracks 1 & 4
- Marco’s Pizza Day – Track 3; Order your child’s decorated pizza box. (919)847-7775 Order online at www.marcos.com
- Marco’s Pizza Day – Track 4; Order your child’s decorated pizza box. (919)847-7775 Order online at www.marcos.com
- 9:30 AM K-2 Assembly Performance by the Drama Club,Location: 10:30 AM 3-5 Assembly
- Tracks 1 & 4, Super Kids Day Raindate
- 5:30 PM Movie Night- Pizza @ 5:30pm, Movie @ 6:30pm
- 5/21/2018 Track 3 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/28/2018 Holiday, No School,
- 2:15 PM Tracks 1 & 3, K-2, Pawsitive Paws Celebration
- 2:40 PM Tracks 1 & 3, 3-5, Pawsitive Paws Celebration
- Track 1, Last Day of School
- 9:30 AM Track 1, 5th grade Graduation
- Spirit Day: Wear Blue & Yellow
- Spirit Night: Zaxby’s, 8812 Harvest Oaks Dr
- 2:15 PM Tracks 2 & 4, K-2, Pawsitive Paws Celebration
- 2:40 PM - 3:00 PM Tracks 2 & 4, 3-5, Pawsitive Paws Celebration
- Tracks 2, 3, 4, Last Day of School
- 9:30 AM 5th grade Graduation